It’s going great so far. Number two:
rev2.org Daily Rundown: #2 for 26th January 2005
- Yahoo! to Acquire Digg?: Rumors, rumors… Kevin Rose, founder, almost denies this. After all, if he says anything, a $30 million rumored deal might go out of hand.
- Business 2.0: 101 Dumbest Moments in Business Great list. Sony with their crappy DRM is one to watch for. Oh yeah, Overstock.com is there as well.
- Google’s the Smartest Company of 2005
I don’t know if I agree or not, though. On one hand, they’ve been pretty stupid over the past few weeks (but I guess that counts as 2006), and on the other hand their shares are up there. Ok, I’ll give it to them for 2005, but I’m not sure if they’ll keep it in 2006.
- Wikilaw: A Wiki for Legal Information I think it’s a wonderful idea. I know I’ve been in that position where I couldn’t afford hiring a lawyer but I needed a good resource for legal stuff I can look up. I wish this would’ve existed back then. Though there’s also a controversy surrounding this: people pay real money to hire lawyers for this sort of information. If this sort of info is available freely, and it can only hurt a lawyer, (a) why should he contribute and (b) why should someone who paid for a lawyer and now knows some stuff contribute? Only time can answer this…
- Windows Live Stuff: From MSN Search Champs Most are under an NDA, but some that are not sound pretty amazing.
- Google’s Billion-Page Research: They found some great stuff… Can you believe out of 1bn pages, about 5% of the pages which use the a tag (don’t use it for the href? I find it amazing…
- BBC News: They found the world’s smallest fish Very off-topic, I know, but the fish is so cute I couldn’t resist.
- Google Date: Great Tool
This is an awesome tool. Type in a date (e.g. Sep 11, 2001) and a query (if needed) and get a list of things that happened on that day. All using Google.