Control Amazon Ads with BloggerKit

Next Story

Media Sharing Simplified with Pickle

cap-0025.png Boston-based BloggerKit launched today which aims to add Google's AdSense philosophy (serve ads related to content) to Amazon's Affiliate Ads program. BloggerKit, despite the generic name, integrates with Amazon to provide a really easy, painless and affective way to show your readers relevant products that you would like them to see by specially tagging posts.

The process is fairly simple. There's no need to sign up, just head over to this page, enter your Amazon Associates ID, customize the ad box, and generate the code. From here, below each of your posts use the keyword 'bk_keywords' followed by some relevant keywords about the posts. For example, "bk_keywords: nikon d70." BloggerKit will then take these keywords and spit out a listing of fully-relevant Amazon products based on these.

What I love about BloggerKit mostly is its seemless revenue-sharing process. 85% of the time, they will be using your Associates ID and the other 15% will be their own. This mean you don't have to input anything in this process. You keep all your earnings, no splitting shares or dividing, and all this is by simply taking their word for the 85%. How they calculate this 85% and 15%, though, is much beyond my understanding, but if they say it works — and it makes my life easier — who cares.

Coming to the downsides of BloggerKit, I don't think there are many. They've got the process right, the revenue-splitting spot on, the right attitude, may be where they might've overlooked a bit is their identification process. I find it quite unprofessional to have at the end of each of my posts a line saying "bk_keywords: blablabla" — it also confuses the reader. What would be better is if they instead made this invisible, for example by providing a plugin for the major blogging platforms with a field to enter the data into and then publishing it within an invisible element — such as in the HTML <!– comments –> tag (I think this is how tagging as a whole should work).

Allinall, BloggerKit is a well-built product, which in my opinion hugely stacks up to its more generic competitior MyPickList. What it might be missing is a bit of generic value to its idea, but they do state they will be expanding — so this can't possibly be a downsider.

 cap-0027.png

cap-0026.png


MSA Altair 4  Multi gas Monitor Detector Meter H2S,LEL,CO,O2 picture
MSA Altair 4 Multi gas Monitor Detector Meter H2S,LEL,CO,O2
MSA Combustible Gases & Oxygen ALTAIR 4X Gas Monitor picture
MSA Combustible Gases & Oxygen ALTAIR 4X Gas Monitor
Msa Altair Pro H2s  picture
Msa Altair Pro H2s
MSA Altair Pro Single Gas Oxygen O2 Detector Tester Analyzer Unit Module picture
MSA Altair Pro Single Gas Oxygen O2 Detector Tester Analyzer Unit Module
Msa Altair Membrane Replacement Parts And Filters 10094829 picture
Msa Altair Membrane Replacement Parts And Filters 10094829