Editor’s Note: We’re seeking out for an official sponsor for TWOR. The installations, in addition to the site, go out weekly to approximately 15,000 subscribers through RSS and e-mail. If you’re interested, please contact Zach.
- Zach took an in-depth look at the demise of books and print media.
- We profiled beRecruited, a site that’s been getting high school athletes into college for 7 years.
- Here’s something interesting: Facebook’s features are being ‘taken over’ by their own platform developers.
- Yahoo! CEO Terry Semel resigned, bringing back co-founder Jerry Yang into the hot seat and opening a new era for Yahoo!.
- Google acquired online presentation startup Zenter.
- Rumour: MySpace to Yahoo! from News Corp for $12 billion?!
- Yahoo! acquired Rivals.com.
Startups, Services, Products, Tools, & Apps
- Web 2.0’s answer to employee scheduling? Rotaboard.
- Springloops provides collaborative coding.
- A social network that runs?!?! Runner+.
- Thoof launched a personalized social news service.
- ScienceHack is a handy video search engine for those science videos.
- The Flipping Pad is for the home buyers (and future millionaires).
- Yumondo is a cool ‘urban stylesharing’ social network.