A few months ago we posted an in-depth look at the top 10 Web 2.0 startups. Seth Godin seems to have taken that up a notch in his new ‘Web 2.0 Traffic Watch List,’ which includes, in a sense, the top 1000 Web 2.0 sites based on Alexa ranking.
Some interesting things from the list (FWIW):
- Orkut is more popular than Facebook.
- Del.icio.us, despite what you might think, has been moving up and up and up in terms of traffic. Infact, it’s more popular than Technorati, Reddit, and Pandora.
- WordPress.com seems to be the one with the highest percentage increase in the last 6 months.
- On the flipside, Truveo (acquired by AOL last year), is the lowest.
- News flash! The most popular photo sharing site on the list is Flickr. Not Photobucket.
- Ever heard of 4Shared, the online storage site? According to the list, it’s more popular than FeedBurner, Last.fm, StumbleUpon, MyBlogLog, Netvibes, and Meebo.
Yeah, we realize Alexa rankings aren’t worth much, if anything, but it’s still interesting to notice a few things from the world’s most popular sampler of web traffic data (how’s that for a good inside joke? 😉 ).