Dopplr, the social network based upon traveling just announced they have raised new funds with a group of names that could make anyone jealous. This is their second round of financing. Although the details of this new round have yet to be disclosed, it appears the latest infusion of capital will be used to grow their service outside of just their dominant presence in the Euorpean Market. Dopplr currently has users from 190 different countries, of which most made more then 10 trips in the last year.
The new investors include Esther Dyson, Tyler Brûlé, Thomas Glocer, Yat Siu, Aditya dev Sood, Lars Hinrichs, Joshua Schachter, Brian Behlendorf, Ami Hasan, Daniel Sachs, Joshua Cooper Ramo, Kim Weckström, and Azeem Azhar. Saul Klein, who invested in this round, also invested in the previous round together with Martin Varsavsky, Reid Hoffman and Joichi Ito.
Dopplr has been an excellent site if you like going to the top travel destinations around the world. If you are someone like me who likes to take impromptu trips to lesser traveled destinations, Dopplr doesn’t seem to cover them. Hopefully they will add numerous destinations and make this the goto site for travels anywhere in the world.
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 9 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 10 years ago
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 10 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 7 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 1 year ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 1 year ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 8 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 1 year ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 9 years ago