Sounds goofy, doesn’t it? But all of us, thanks to the fast-moving and engaging world of social media we exist in today, don’t always have the email addresses of all of our friends and contacts. Maybe you got the latest joke in your inbox and you want to share it with your tweeps? That’s where Moomeo.com comes in.
Somehow a moose works into all of this. That part I haven’t figured out. What I have figured out is how useful this (free) service can be. Here’s how it works.
First, you send or forward the email you want to share to the Moomeo address (firstname.lastname@example.org). This will be responded to with a link in your inbox. That link can be shared on any social networking platform like Facebook or Twitter, just like any other link. When your friends click it, they are taken to a page that displays your email. Easy!
The site was formed, the About page says, to facilitate the sharing of a great money-making opportunity from Nigeria that the two creators had received.
Joking aside, though, the site is a pretty cool service. Email addresses are scanned for and removed from the email to be displayed on the Web. There’s no registration needed and no cost. Most attachments are supported, so your PowerPoint or photos will be included. The post’s owner, along with the link to the email for sharing, is also given a link where you can go to disable the post (delete it) from Moomeo.
This is definitely a worthwhile idea and a great site. Still no explanation what the moose is all about, though.
Recommended For You
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Google’s OpenSocial to Debut Thursday, APIs for All 11 years ago
- Stormpulse Works In The Clouds 10 years ago
- Opinion/Analysis: Books? What Books? 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago