If you’ve ever wanted to be in a band, then you know that most of the job is walking around looking at poster boards and phone poles looking for a group to audition for. You also know that it involves a lot of stapling those kinds of things up to promote your band or look for a replacement member.
Musefy.com wants to take that part out of the equation so you and your band can concentrate on what matters: drugs and women. I mean music. Ya, music.
The site is basically a specialized social networking platform geared towards musicians. You can scour locally or nationally for talent and friends. Eventually, venues and events will be integrated as well, making this an all-in-one bulletin board of group sharing for musicians of all stripes.
Musefy is in open alpha right now and appears to be moving along fairly smoothly. It’s poised to really make something of itself too, since Myspace is the old venue of choice for musical social networking and is quickly dying out. The key here will be how specific Musefy can make itself to position itself as the MUSICAL social networking site while still attracting fans and potential fans.
The site itself, being in alpha, is a little short on features. It is very nicely done and seems pretty robust for all that, however. The profile-building and searching capabilities are extremely well done, I think. This is a site to watch that could come out as one of the big phenoms of the next wave of Web 2.0.
Recommended For You
- Google’s New Search Options & Answer to Wolfram – Google Squared
- Thousands of jobs could be created with internet investment
- Sharing Is Caring At Stuffopolis
- Social Media Campaigns Receive 100% Response Rates
- SpareFoot – The Storage Open Market
- Businesscardstar Design Business Cards For Free, Online
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 13 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 12 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 12 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 12 years ago
- Exclusive: Facebook to Offer Data Storage 12 years ago
- Issuu: Turn Your PDF Into a Flipbook 11 years ago
- Bebo: An In-Depth Look 12 years ago
- Google’s OpenSocial to Debut Thursday, APIs for All 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 10 years ago