If you’ve ever wanted to be in a band, then you know that most of the job is walking around looking at poster boards and phone poles looking for a group to audition for. You also know that it involves a lot of stapling those kinds of things up to promote your band or look for a replacement member.
Musefy.com wants to take that part out of the equation so you and your band can concentrate on what matters: drugs and women. I mean music. Ya, music.
The site is basically a specialized social networking platform geared towards musicians. You can scour locally or nationally for talent and friends. Eventually, venues and events will be integrated as well, making this an all-in-one bulletin board of group sharing for musicians of all stripes.
Musefy is in open alpha right now and appears to be moving along fairly smoothly. It’s poised to really make something of itself too, since Myspace is the old venue of choice for musical social networking and is quickly dying out. The key here will be how specific Musefy can make itself to position itself as the MUSICAL social networking site while still attracting fans and potential fans.
The site itself, being in alpha, is a little short on features. It is very nicely done and seems pretty robust for all that, however. The profile-building and searching capabilities are extremely well done, I think. This is a site to watch that could come out as one of the big phenoms of the next wave of Web 2.0.
Recommended For You
- Sonoteca – Play Games in Worldwide Competition and Win Stuff
- Real Names Required for Microblogging in China
- Facebook users protesting against social networking site’s “real name” policy
- AOL and Mashable in Talks? Rumor Says Mashable May Be Bought
- UK to push ahead with internet ‘snooping’ bill
- wePapers Expanding Your Knowledge or Cheating?
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 11 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 8 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 10 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 2 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 10 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 2 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 2 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago