Spotify Music Pro@ile is the new feature set from popular music service Spotify. Integrating with Facebook, Spotify believes it has created a true social music network. Spotify’s goal is to be ‘your only music source’ in what Daniel Ek, Spotify’s founder and chief executive, says is the ‘the biggest change to Spotify since our launch’.
The star feature is the new Facebook integration option, which allows a user to view the tracks that their friends are listening to, as well as a feature allowing them to recommend songs. When signed in, the Spotify/Facebook feature will appear in a people sidebar, listing all Facebook friends who are also subscribed to the Spotify feature.
Spotify now also integrates with the music library on a user’s PC, allowing users to merge their own tracks into Spotify playlists. Using the Gracenote service, Spotify imports and titles the music on the local PC. Premium users can synchronise their playlist with Spotify’s mobile client which works even if the artist is not in the Spotify database, as Spotify will wirelessly upload the content.
Spotify is a closed peer to peer music service streaming application from a Swedish company. The service features instant playing of any track or album, with no buffering. The new features are part of the Spotify 0.4.3 software which is being rolled out now, although Spotify says it might take a while to reach all users, there is currently no way to force the upgrade.
Recommended For You
- Mobile Apps Signal Shift Away from Web
- Kommons to Question Public Figures
- Court Claims Now Available on Facebook?
- Want a Seat on Facebook’s Board? $2 Billion, Please
- More Bad News for Facebook as Pornographic Content Swarms Over User Profiles
- Study: Mothers with young children more active on social media
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 11 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 8 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 10 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 2 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 10 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 2 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 2 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago