According to the latest reports, the hacking group known as Anonymous are planning a concerted attack on Facebook on November 15th this year. In recent days it has come to the attention of many that certain topics regarding the proposed event have been trending on Twitter. It has become known as Operation Facebook, although it is unknown as to whether such an attack will yet come to fruition.
A video has been made warning of the forthcoming attack, in which an unidentified person says, “Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. Everything you do on Facebook stays on Facebook regardless of your privacy settings, and deleting your account is impossible.” The person then goes on to state that even if you decide to delete your account, all the information within it can be recovered at a later date if you wish to change your mind. This is true, since you will get this message if you decide to leave the site and delete your information.
November 5th is a long way off yet, so we are yet to see whether the threat is genuine. But since it comes from Anonymous it is well worth sitting up and taking notice of the potential threat. Since the main crux of the video message is the safety – or lack of – surrounding the data kept on Facebook, it would be logical to think that this will have something to do with it. But is this right?
Recommended For You
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Google’s OpenSocial to Debut Thursday, APIs for All 11 years ago
- Stormpulse Works In The Clouds 10 years ago
- Opinion/Analysis: Books? What Books? 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago