Facebook is the largest social media site of its kind and eBay is the biggest online auction site you will find around at the moment. Therefore, it is not surprising to learn that an agreement between the two has been garnering a lot of interest online in recent days.
According to the latest reports, the best parts of each site are going to come together to provide a more dynamic and user-friendly experience for people who are looking to buy online. New plug-ins are due to be released for use with Facebook that in turn will make shopping on eBay much easier and more social in some respects. Instead of simply buying something, you will be able to log into Facebook and share your opinions of the item. Similarly, sellers on eBay will be able to take advantage of the new social media aspect. This will enable them to promote whatever they sell to a much bigger audience than they would otherwise be able to reach.
As you can see this looks to be a big story that has great potential for the social commerce world. It remains to be seen whether the results will be as good as the promise. Some people question whether social shopping is safe enough to be a success, as it requires the sharing of information – something that not everyone is keen to do. Nevertheless, this collaboration certainly has promise for the future.
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 3 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 3 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago