The number of people using Google+, the search giant’s relatively new social media network, seems to be on the rise. But the most famous person yet has taken place in one of the famed Hangouts on the network. This is a feature where different Google+ members can get together with each other. Recently, President Barack Obama took part in a Hangout that had positive consequences for someone else who was also there, according to the Associated Press.
Jennifer Wedel talked to the President about the fact her husband could not get a job. The President expressed concern since the field in question was engineering – a field that apparently has many jobs available. During the Hangout, the President promised to help out – and he did just that within a couple of days. Ms Wedel’s husband was contacted by people in the industry looking for workers soon afterwards.
This has to be the biggest indicator of how powerful Google+ Hangouts can be when they are used correctly. It is also a big boost for Google+ itself, since the presence of the President is a big plus point. Plenty of other people are using Hangouts for lots of different reasons, whether it is for business or personal use. But there is no doubt that the social network will benefit from positive news headlines such as these.
The story ends – disappointingly for the President – with no guarantee that Ms Wedel will vote for him when the time comes to choose a side.
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 13 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 12 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 12 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 12 years ago
- Exclusive: Facebook to Offer Data Storage 12 years ago
- Issuu: Turn Your PDF Into a Flipbook 11 years ago
- Bebo: An In-Depth Look 12 years ago
- Google’s OpenSocial to Debut Thursday, APIs for All 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 10 years ago