Just when you think you have seen every social media site online today, another one comes along that begs you to take a closer look. The latest entry in the social media market is called Pinterest and if you have not yet seen it, you soon will.
Put simply, Pinterest describes itself as an online pinboard. While it will no doubt be compared to other sites including Facebook, Twitter and the new Google+, there is one essential difference that sets Pinterest apart. It focuses on using and sharing images rather than words, although there is still the facility to add text when necessary.
If you are wondering when this new network came to fruition, you will have to look back to March 2010. Yes, the network is nearly two years old but in recent weeks it has come to the attention of a lot more people. The idea is that when you see a picture you like online, you can pin it to your own personal board. If someone sees it and likes it as well, they can repin it to their board. This is how items are shared and how they can potentially reach a much wider audience.
Many people have already seen the practical nature of Pinterest and how it can be used in lots of different ways. So far, marketers do not seem to have jumped onto the platform. It is certainly designed with individuals in mind. But it will be interesting to see how it develops now it has reached a wide audience.
Samsung 850 PRO 512GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE512BW)
Samsung SPC-10EDR SPC10EDR Automation Controller
Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 3.5-Inch SSD (MZ-N5E500BW)
Samsung CPL7501 FARA N-700 PLC Base 5Slot
Samsung Digital Presenter, SDP-850
Recommended For You
- Rumour: Digg To Provide White Label Solution for IAC
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer
- Japanese Government Launches English Language Twitter Account Detailing Earthquake Updates
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style
- Is Twitter becoming irrelevant?
- 2.55b to get social-media-connected in 2017
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 9 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 10 years ago
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 10 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 7 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 10 months ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 9 months ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 7 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 10 months ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 9 years ago