Social TV, or the use of social media while watching television, is becoming a mass-market phenomenon, according to a study by Ericsson ConsumerLab.
The survey’s data were collected from various countries including the UK, US, South Korea, and China. In total, 12,000 quantitative and 14 qualitative online interviews were conducted, representing over 460 million consumers.
ConsumerLab’s study revealed that the number of people using social media while watching television rose by 18 percentage points to 62 percent in one year. Only 58 percent of men engage in this kind of behaviour compared to 66 percent of women.
Moreover, 25 percent of the respondents stated that they utilise social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to talk about what they are viewing while they are watching it.
Niklas Rönnblom, Senior Advisor at Ericsson ConsumerLab, said portable devices are now a vital part of the television experience, with 67 percent of respondents using laptops, tablets, or smartphones for video or TV viewing. Additionally, 60 percent of the respondents are using on-demand services each week.
Aside from that, viewing TV while on the move is now becoming popular because half of the time spent watching video and television on smartphones is done outside the house.
Though viewing behaviour is changing, only seven percent of the respondents stated that they will cut back on their television subscriptions in the coming months. In fact, 41 percent of those surveyed are willing to pay more for a better viewing experience in HD.
1pc Mitsubishi servo MR-J2S-100B
SERVOSTAR PD PE805560
AMPLIFIER, SERVO, FANUC A06B-6089-H106
S.B.C. SERVO DRIVE CHB 5/10 CHB5/10 380V AC 3.2 KW FOR MARCHESINI *USED TESTED*
SPINDLE MODULE FANUC A06B-6102-H245#H520
Recommended For You
- Elderly better off learning social media
- Social media helps distract teenagers from alcohol
- US military battles Taliban on social media
- Japanese Government Launches English Language Twitter Account Detailing Earthquake Updates
- Dell Takes Social Media Seriously with Command Centre
- The unSocial Social Media and South Florida Bloggers
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 9 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 10 years ago
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 10 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 7 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 12 months ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 11 months ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 8 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 12 months ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 9 years ago