The UK boasts the biggest proportion of social media users in the world, according to a report by The Pew Center. The study is part of the Global Attitudes Project and specifically covers social networks as well as mobile and internet usage.
A little over half of 52 per cent of the adult population in the UK uses social media sites such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook, placing it at the top of the list. Russia and the US both came in second with 50 per cent, while Spain and the Czech Republic are tied in third place with 49 per cent.
The study also pointed out that social media usage is directly proportional to the availability of internet. For example, 94 per cent of the respondents from Pakistan and 89 per cent from India had no internet access. Therefore, it was not surprising that only three per cent and six per cent of all the adults in Pakistan and India, respectively, use these sites. Notably, only 15 per cent of the respondents from the UK had zero Internet access.
Interestingly, Russia deviates from this correlation. While 40 per cent of Russians had no internet access, 50 per cent of the respondents use social media. This is because its residents spend a lot of time surfing the net and the Russian Federation is one of the largest internet-using countries in Europe.
Furthermore, residents of countries with low broadband penetration rely on smartphones and mobile devices to access social media. Out of the 12 nations surveyed, Pew discovered that 60 per cent of smartphone users utilised their mobile devices to access these sites. The top three countries showing this trend are Egypt (79 per cent), Mexico (74 per cent) and Greece (72 per cent).
BALDOR VE0667A02 VECTOR DRIVE *USED*
BALDOR VE0667A03 VECTOR DRIVE *USED*
1PC NEW SIEMENS 6ES7222-1BH32-0XB0
SANYO DENKI 67ZA100A853S00 SERVO AMPLIFIER *USED*
DC Servo motor driver 5KW
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 3 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 3 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago