Many companies are throwing more money at mobile ads; mobile advertising spending in the US has risen three-fold to $3 billion during the first half of this year, according to a new study by the Interactive Advertising Bureau.
At the same time, internet ad revenue rose to $20.1 billion – up 18% from the first half of 2012.
“Digital has steadily increased its ability to captivate consumers and then capture the marketing dollars that follow,” noted IAB CEO and president Randall Rothenberg.
“Mobile advertising’s breakneck growth is evidence that marketers are recognising the tremendous power of smaller screens. Digital video is also on a positive trajectory, delivering avid viewership and strong brand-building opportunities.”
Technology website Ars Technica previously reported that Facebook started its first ad campaign on mobile devices in June last year with its Sponsored Stories campaign. By the end of March 2012, Facebook revealed that it recorded 901 million monthly active users, of which more than 50% are mobile users. 80% of these mobile users live outside Canada and the United States.
Facebook has meanwhile released its latest version of Page Insights, allowing brand marketers to easily gather insights as well as engagement metrics that surround their Facebook pages.
Notably, the new version has divided engagement metrics into separate tabs such as likes, the number of people engaged, and check-ins. The updated tool also allows managers to compare the current metrics with those collected during the previous months or weeks. This gives managers a better insight into how engagement on their brand page evolves.
The new tool also enables managers to view negative interactions such as blocks and reports alongside positive interactions such as likes and shares.
Recommended For You
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 11 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 8 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 10 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 2 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 10 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 2 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 2 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago