Mothers with children younger than five are more active on social media compared to the general public, revealed a new study by integrated consumer insights provider Experian Marketing Services.
The study found that these mothers were twice as likely to visit social networking sites as members of the general public, accessing them three or more times per day.
A spokesperson for Experian Marketing Services, Suzanne Blackburn, said: “We found in the analysis that Facebook is overwhelmingly the preferred social media network for moms with young kids.”
The Experian data was gathered from a Simmons National Consumer Study survey, which looked into the offline and online habits of 25,000 American adults. The firm also combined data from Hitwise as well as other research reports.
“Over half of moms with young kids from this study were between 25 to 34 years old; the [median] age is 32.5 years of age,” said Blackburn.
The report noted that the age of the children significantly affected the mothers’ online behaviour. Mothers of children aged between six and ten were less active on social media than mothers with younger children. As the children get older, their mothers’ social media activity level decreases.
In addition, the study found that women in this group were also more likely to engage in online shopping using their mobile devices, with the iPad as their preferred device.
These findings seem to corroborate another study, which showed that 38 per cent of children younger than two use mobile media.
Both reports imply that mothers provide an example for their children via their mobile device usage habits.
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 3 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 3 years ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 9 years ago