Facebook remains the undisputed king of social media networks and is still popular with adult internet users in the US, according to the latest survey from the Pew Research Center.
After polling 1,597 adult internet users in the United States, the researchers discovered that 71 per cent of respondents used Facebook in 2014, which is the same percentage that was noted in 2013. Moreover, 70 per cent of them accessed the site daily, compared to just 63 percent in the previous year.
Interestingly, the website became more popular among users older than 65. In 2013, merely 45 per cent of them were on the social network, but last year the figure soared to 56 per cent.
Conversely, Facebook usage among Americans between 30 and 49 years old dropped to 73 per cent from 79 per cent; this is the only group that saw a decline.
Additionally, 52 per cent of the respondents had at least two social media accounts last year, up from 42 per cent in 2013. This means that people are using Facebook as well as other social networks.
For example, 28 per cent of those polled used Pinterest and LinkedIn during 2014, whereas the figures in 2013 were 21 and 22 per cent respectively. Twitter’s users climbed to 23 per cent from 18 per cent previously.
At the same time, Facebook’s Instagram service was used by 26 per cent of respondents, which is up from 17 per cent in the previous year. Among young adults aged 18 to 29, the figure soared to 53 per cent, surpassing that of LinkedIn (23 per cent), Pinterest (34 per cent), and Twitter (37 per cent). However, it is still significantly lower than Facebook’s 87 per cent.
Ideal 61-774 Digital Clamp On Ammeter
VS2# AC DC LCD DT9205A Digital LED Voltmeter Ohmmeter Ammeter Capacitance Multim
C68A digital display AC ammeter AC0-10A compatible 85L17
vintage general electric ammeter type p-3
vintage Thomson ammeter
Recommended For You
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 9 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 10 years ago
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 10 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 7 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 1 year ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 1 year ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 8 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 1 year ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 9 years ago