Facebook remains the undisputed king of social media networks and is still popular with adult internet users in the US, according to the latest survey from the Pew Research Center.
After polling 1,597 adult internet users in the United States, the researchers discovered that 71 per cent of respondents used Facebook in 2014, which is the same percentage that was noted in 2013. Moreover, 70 per cent of them accessed the site daily, compared to just 63 percent in the previous year.
Interestingly, the website became more popular among users older than 65. In 2013, merely 45 per cent of them were on the social network, but last year the figure soared to 56 per cent.
Conversely, Facebook usage among Americans between 30 and 49 years old dropped to 73 per cent from 79 per cent; this is the only group that saw a decline.
Additionally, 52 per cent of the respondents had at least two social media accounts last year, up from 42 per cent in 2013. This means that people are using Facebook as well as other social networks.
For example, 28 per cent of those polled used Pinterest and LinkedIn during 2014, whereas the figures in 2013 were 21 and 22 per cent respectively. Twitter’s users climbed to 23 per cent from 18 per cent previously.
At the same time, Facebook’s Instagram service was used by 26 per cent of respondents, which is up from 17 per cent in the previous year. Among young adults aged 18 to 29, the figure soared to 53 per cent, surpassing that of LinkedIn (23 per cent), Pinterest (34 per cent), and Twitter (37 per cent). However, it is still significantly lower than Facebook’s 87 per cent.
Recommended For You
- Facebook users protesting against social networking site’s “real name” policy
- Facebook, Google, Zynga Asking Courts to Reject Abstract Patents
- iPad Launches: Jailbreak on 1st Day, Top App a Fake, and More
- Facebook to acquire virtual reality firm for $2bn
- Is Facebook About to Get into E-Book Publishing?
- Is Facebook promoting body-shaming?
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 12 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 12 years ago
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 11 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 11 years ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 11 years ago
- Google’s OpenSocial to Debut Thursday, APIs for All 11 years ago
- Stormpulse Works In The Clouds 10 years ago
- Opinion/Analysis: Books? What Books? 11 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 3 years ago