A study has revealed the best time for posting on Facebook to receive maximum likes and comments. Researchers from Lithium Technologies analysed data across Facebook and Twitter in different locations, studying different posts and what reactions posts received. Over 140 million Facebook posts and over a billion reactions were analysed for the study, using a website and mobile app called Klout.
Results showed that the best time to post on Facebook is on weekdays during work hours and in the evenings between 7pm and 8pm. Surprisingly, it showed that Facebook posts were less likely to receive likes and comments during the weekend.
“The probability that an audience member reacts to a message may depend on several factors, such as his daily and weekly behaviour patterns, his location or timezone, and the volume of other messages competing for his attention,” researchers said.
The study revealed that in New York and San Francisco, the best time to attract likes and comments on posts is at the start of work hours, while in Paris reactions are likely to peak during the second half of the working day.
In London, those looking to get the most reactions should post towards the end of their work hours, as this is when posts are most likely to attract attention. Tokyo was found to have the most peaks in responses to social networking posts, with posts gaining the most attention during and after working hours.
“This is important for businesses which are trying to connect with consumers in different areas, or if your new social media crush lives halfway across the globe,” researchers stated.
According to the study, those looking for faster responses should turn to Twitter. The social networking site was found to have more usage peaks compared to Facebook, so users are twice as likely to receive more comments and get reactions to their posts more quickly.
Research showed that people who post on Facebook may have to wait up to two hours for the first lot of responses to come in, while those on Twitter get reactions to their posts within half an hour.
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone 9 years ago
- YouTube – The Complete Profile 10 years ago
- 33 Places to Hangout in the Social Networking Era 10 years ago
- SimilarSites.com Find, Well, Similar Sites 7 years ago
- Study reveals best time to receive maximum likes and comments on Facebook 1 year ago
- Periscope attracts 10 million users in its first few months 1 year ago
- Storytlr Put Your Story Online Web 2.0 Style 8 years ago
- Google offers free coding lessons for UK children this summer 1 year ago
- 9 Great Ways to Make Mind Maps and Flow Charts Online 9 years ago
- 10 Most Successful Web 2.0 Startups To Date 9 years ago